May 12-14, 2017
Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock Hotel & Conference Center
1209 N. IH 35 North
Round Rock, TX 78664
ChupacabraCon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion, or preference in gaming system. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference [without a refund] at the discretion of the conference organizers. Harassment includes verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination [related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, and/or religion] sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Exhibitors in the expo hall, sponsor or vendor booths, or similar activities are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference [with no refund]. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately. [Conference staff can be identified by staff t-shirts and/or badges.]
Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
Terms of Purchase: By purchasing a ticket or volunteering to attend ChupacabraCon as a GM or general volunteer, you and any other ticket holders purchasing tickets via your account agree to the following standards, rules, regulations, terms and conditions. Failure to comply could result in expulsion from the convention without refund. By purchasing a ticket to attend ChupacacabraCon you understand that you may be photographed for media purposes.
Standards of Conduct
• Profanity – The gratuitous use of profanity, symbols or images considered vulgar by contemporary standards is not acceptable. Gratuitous is subjective and will be defined by Event Management on a case-by-case basis. We expect minors at this event. Please be aware of your language.
• Violence and gore – Products depicting lurid scenes of excessive bloodshed, gory or gruesome crimes, depravity, brutality and the like may not be displayed or used at the convention.
• Sexual themes – Products depicting content of a sexual nature, nudity, anything pornographic or salacious may not be used or displayed at the convention. Disparagement – Advertising or using products that depict anyone in a disparaging way, especially with regards to ethnicity, religion, race, gender, sexual orientation, physical malady etc. or that in any way depict specific nationalities, religious or other groups as superior/inferior may not be used or displayed.
• Unacceptable activities – weapon designing, the use of illegal devices, and activities of a criminal or distasteful nature may not be presented in advertisements or displays, or conducted on site.
• Weapons – Advertising, wearing and selling costumes is permitted if they are in good taste and do not present a hazard to others. Actual weapons are not allowed on site. Replica weapons must be peace bonded and clearly not usable. Event Management has the right to refuse entry to anyone carrying a weapon replica that is not clearly identified as safe for participants.
Rules and Regulations
• Attendees must comply with, and be bound by, all laws, ordinances, and regulations of the country, state, county, city facility and whenever applicable, police and fire departments.
• Absolutely no selling, soliciting, or handbill distribution is allowed outside of rented table spaces. Violators will be removed from the convention without refund.
• Attendees and are expressly prohibited from carrying weapons at the convention. Weapons or weapon replicas purchased in the Dealer Room must be safely contained or packaged by the seller in such a manner that all edges are covered securely, and the purchaser must remove such items from the convention site to a safe location (room or vehicle) at his or her earliest opportunity.
• Handbill distribution is permitted only within the Dealer Room. No material may be posted on convention walls, fixtures, or furniture. Violators are responsible for all fees and damages resulting from the removal of such postings.
• No one except venue and convention staff will be allowed in the Dealer Room during closed hours, if applicable.
• ChupacabraCon and Austin Creative Pathways prohibit the sale and/or use of games of chance. Games of chance are defined as games in which a fee is paid specifically for the opportunity to receive an item of interest or value. Games of chance are permitted only as a free promotion or giveaway. Violators will be issued a warning to cease such activities, after which further violation may result in removal from the convention without refund.
• Wear your convention badge at all times. Event staff will not allow you into the convention area without it. Replacement badges are at full price.
• Please be on time for your events. If you are late to an event you may not be allowed to participate. Please check into your meeting area 5 minutes early if possible.
• No live action games are outside allowed those organized by ChupacabraCon.
• No alcohol will be served to minors. Anyone found providing alcohol to a minor will be referred to the police and ejected from the convention without refund.
• While alcohol may be served at the convention by the venue, anyone found in the convention area that is clearly intoxicated beyond the legal limit or under the influence of drugs will be expelled. ANYONE engaging in belligerent, violent, illegal, unruly, or otherwise disgraceful behaviors will be expelled, regardless of whether they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
• ChupacabraCon, Austin Creative Pathways and the venue are not responsible for lost/stolen property. Please check the lost and found at registration if you misplace an item. If you see something that doesn’t belong to you, try to find the owner and failing that, turn it into the lost and found.
• No napping in the convention area! If you need sleep, go home or back to your hotel room.
• All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied at all times by an adult. If you have a screaming, crying, or otherwise upset child, please do your fellow attendees a favor and take them out of the convention area to address the issue.
Terms and Conditions:
ChupacabraCon and Austin Creative Pathways Event Management reserves the right to require the alteration or removal of any article or activity brought into the convention that is deemed objectionable in nature or offensive to the average person attending the convention and shall not be held liable for loss, damage, or injury resulting from alteration, omission, or rejection of said material. Attendees agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless ChupacabraCon and Austin Creative Pathways against any and all claim for such loss, damage or injury. Attendees will be given a reasonable period of time in which to consider any changes required by convention staff and may withdraw material. ChupacabraCon and Austin Creative Pathways are not responsible for any injury to attendees or damage to or theft of property from any causes prior to, during, or subsequent to ChupacabraCon. Attendees hereby expressly agree to indemnify and hold harmless ChupacabraCon and Austin Creative Pathways against any and all claims for such loss, damage or injury. ChupacabraCon and Austin Creative Pathways reserves the right to cancel arrangements or contracts or expel an attendee whenever it is deemed necessary for the safety or comfort of those attending the convention; whenever the display, activity, or material sold is objectionable or offensive to the average person attending ChupacabraCon, whenever legal conditions, convention policies, or requirements of the convention site so dictate, or whenever portions of the convention site are destroyed or damaged. Likewise ChupacabraCon and Austin Creative Pathways reserve the right to cancel arrangements, contracts, or dealer tables if the convention fails to take place as scheduled, is interrupted and/or discontinued, or access to the premises is prevented or interfered with by the reason of any strike, lock out, act of war, act of God, emergency declared by government agency or event management, or for any other reason that terminates this contract. In the event of such termination, attendees waive all claims of damages and agree that the sole liability of ChupacabraCon and Austin Creative Pathways is the entry fee paid, less a pro rata portion of all costs and expenses incurred and committed to, by ChupacabraCon and Austin Creative Pathways. Attendees must comply with all laws of the United States as well as all applicable state or local ordinances, rules and requirements of police and fire departments or other authorities of such jurisdictions, will obtain all necessary permits and licenses with respect to their activities, and will not do or suffer to be done anything during the term of this agreement in violation of any such laws, ordinances, rules or regulations. If the attention of said attendee is called to any such violation committed by said attendee, said attendee will immediately desist and correct, or cause to be corrected such violation. Attendees agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless ChupacabraCon and Austin Creative Pathways from ally and all costs, suits, and legal proceedings alleging violations of any such law or regulation.
All matters and questions not covered by this agreement and these terms are subject to the decision of ChupacabraCon and Austin Creative Pathways. Attendees agree to abide by and conform to all additional rules and regulations from time to time adopted or prescribed by ChupacabraCon and Austin Creative Pathways for the management of the convention. Attendees acknowledge that they have read the preceding terms and conditions, expressly agree to comply with them, and authorize ChupacabraCon and Austin Creative Pathways to enforce them.